Forced Perspective Shoot: Session 1

Session Review

Before the shoot, I had to browse the internet in order to learn how to adjust the exposure of the camera since every time I took photographs in manual on the Nikon D90 they were to dark. In addition, I also had to look at more forced perspective images for further inspiration and my current ideas are to have.

After having to hand the Nikon D90 camera back into the university, I decided to use my phone to capture a photograph of a friends hand squishing the moon between their fingers. Originally I planned to create a forced perspective shot of my holding the sun in my hands, however; the night sky was clear and it was an excellent full moon tonight so I decided to capture the moon and not contemplate on what shot I was going to capture which is a habitat that is slowing my production down.

Normally taking photographs at night on a phone or camera is tricky because of the low light but I increased the ISO to 800 to allow more light exposure and thankfully it brightened the image enough to display the moon between the fingers and it was a good photograph indeed.

Moreover, I need to capture at least three more photographs of forced perspective shots and hopefully the other concepts I have.

References

http://photography.about.com/library/forcedperspective/blforcedperspective.htm

http://www.dslrtips.com/workshops/How_to_brighten_exposures/positive_exposure_compensation.shtml

By Sebastian Jones

Comments